Creative Writing: Further Research

As i further continued my research I found another interesting short story named Doing Time Inside. Its written by Pretheesh Presannan. Its also a story about an innocent victim spending his time in prison. I didnt find the beginning of the story that impressive as it was the written in the same old plot of person being in the wrong place at wrong time and also there was no detail work on what kind of crime did victim committed. But the part where he starts living his life in the cell was quite amazingly explained. What they go through and what kind of difficulties a person might deal with living in the cell especially knowing that he didn't do anything to be here and he/she doesn't deserve it. The story helped me a lot with how to explain the cell time period in my story and how to make it feel real for my audience.


And especially this part where he tells how does the character cope with his feelings and depression after being in the outside world after the whole experience. I will definitely be adding this kind of story style while explaining the time period of the cell.

To read the full story click on the link below

Doing Time Inside 

Comments