Welcome to Daniyal The Writer

 Welcome to my blog. My name is Daniyal Aamir, and I am a student at DMU university. I am using this blog to describe myself, to post about my interests, hobbies, what I'm up to and stuff like that.






                                                                                                                                                                     
So, my interests include reading novels but most of them are in my native language, so I am not going to talk about them here, but what I am going to do is talk about a film which I really enjoy watching as many times I want to which is pawn sacrifice. It's a film based on real life story of a chess player named Bobby Fischer. He is considered one of the legends in chess world and a lot of moves in chess are based on his name because he was the one to introduce them.


So, in the beginning film is all about Bobbys childhood and how he ended up playing chess and then how he started dreaming of becoming the best chess player in the world. Fischer's challenge against soviet chess grandmasters during cold wars and finally how he ended up competing Boris Spassky in the WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 1972 MATCH. He not only faced his opponents but also demons inside him because of his mental health being disturbed due to focusing too much on the game.


Being a chess player myself I enjoyed this movie v much, specially watching the actor play new moves and doing stuff I wasn't aware of helped me a lot while playing in real life. It always feels fun to perform those movies and succeed at it and end up winning the match.


From my point of view chess is much more than a game. It's a whole new world where u are putting all the efforts of your brain and predicting moves of your opponent and thus performing according to that. So, keeping hat in my mind i really enjoyed the movie and i will suggest you watch it as well. Both the main actors Tobey Maguire and Liev Schreiber acted so well and amazingly in the movie, that even not knowing a lot about chess its quite fun to watch


LINK: CLICK HERE


REFRENCE: Zwick, E., Maguire, T. and Schreiber, L. (2016) Pawn sacrifice, Amazon. Elite Film AG. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/Pawn-Sacrifice-Tobey-Maguire/dp/B018YLCCKC (Accessed: October 19, 2022).


Comments

Post a Comment